Auddict has released Virtuoso Violin, a solo violin sampled instrument/library for Kontakt version 4 and above.
The Virtuoso Violin includes over twenty key-switchable articulations/techniques, and four different switchable legato types. These include bowed legato, slurred legato, portamento, and fast legato. Fast legato is a specially sampled set of legato intervals, tailored to producing fast runs and scale passages.
- Slurred Legato - switching note with the finger only, without changing bow direction... the smoothest legato sound.
- Bowed Legato - changing the bow at the note change. A more noticeable interval. (slurred and bowed legato are both essential in obtaining a realistic and well phrased performance).
- Portamento Legato - a subtle slide between notes.
- Fast Legato - Specially sampled intervals which allow a user to play fast runs/scales with intervals up to a minor third between each note - something seriously lacking and rarely possible with most sample libraries.
- Normal Sustain.
- Stutter (a quick stuttered grace note before the main sustain).
- FP (loud then suddenly quiet with a crescendo back up).
- Marcato (A more accented pronounced attack and note).
- Trill Semitone.
- Trill Tone.
- Eight sets/combinations of grace note shorts.
- Octave up shorts.
- Staccato on-string (detached playing without lifting the.
- Major chords.
- Minor chords.