Audio Simulation has announced that DreamStation II, a virtual software synth workstation, is now available for Windows ($99) and DreamStation DXi2, the polyphonic virtual analog synthesizer, is now FREE.
DreamStation II is a virtual software synth workstation which allows you to use your favourite audio effect and synth plugins to create complete masterpieces from scratch to mastering. The improvements and enhancements over on the old version are considerable. The sequencer interface has been completely reworked, the internal sound engine detached to allow industry standard plugins to be hosted, and the mixer has been greatly improved to be able to handle and manipulate all audio streams from plugins and audio tracks.
DreamStation II hosts a wide range of Direct-X, Direct-X Instrument, VST and VST Instrument plugins, drives MIDI compatible external or internal gear and records then plays back audio tracks or samples in 32 bits resolution.
The sequencer interface mixes the traditional "Piano-Roll" way with the raw "Tracking" method, showing you new aspects of composing electronic music. Audio, Automation (with configurable envelopes) and MIDI tracks with Piano Roll, Tracker and Percussion type patterns can be used to build up a complete song.
The versatile internal mixer with virtually unlimited number of channels mixes all of the outputs into a stereo signal, ready to be burned on a CD. Low- and highpass filters, parametric equalizers, built-in step time delay, eight custom insert and 8x8 send effects are available in each channel to use.
The DreamStation II package also includes the polyphonic analog synth, DreamStation DXi2, and five high quality effect plugins (DSFX Chorus, DSFX Flanger, DSFX Phaser, DSFX Reverb and DSFX Distortion).
DreamStation DXi2 is a polyphonic virtual analog synthesizer plug-in based on DreamStation I.
DreamStation DXi2 utilizes the same techniques featured in the standalone version; physical models of analog circuits, mathematical reproduction of analog oscillators which makes DreamStation DXi2 acting just like real analog synthesizers. You can sweep the pitch smoothly from 20Hz to 20kHz and apply the pulse width modulation without any digital aliasing at all.
- Subtractive synthesis combined with FM synthesis.
- 3 oscillators, multimode self oscillating IIR filter, VCA, LFO, user EG for each voice.
- Available waveforms: sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse, square, noise.
- Available filter types: 12dB/Octave Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, 24dB/Octave Lowpass and Formant.
- A maximum of 16 voices polyphony.
- Linear frequency modulation, Hard synchronization, Ring modulation, Distortion.
- Supported sampling rates: 11.025Khz, 22.05Khz, 44.1Khz, 48Khz and 96Khz.
- Supported digital audio resolution: 16 to 32bits.
- Internal calculating resolution: 32 bits (with 24bit mantissa).