AudioThing has released GAK150, a sample-based valve synthesizer for Kontakt 5.
GAK150 is a synthesizer for Kontakt made by sampling a Gakken SX-150 Analog Synthesizer Kit passing through a Metasonix R-54 Tube VCO/VCF. The saturation from the tube filter along with the very harsh and unstable timbre of the Gakken come out as an aggressive but full analog sound. There are three sets of waveforms: normal, fatter (more detune), and slowed (made by slowing down few samples).
- 40 Kontakt Instruments (.nki).
- Three waveform sets: normal, fatter, slowed.
- LFO and Envelope with multiple destinations.
- Effects: 12dB/oct LP filter and Reverb.
- 56 Samples (44.1kHz / 24-bit).
- Formats: Kontakt and WAV.
- Native Instruments Kontakt 5 full version required.
Price: €12 / $14. GAK150 is available for the introductory price of €9.95 / $11.90 until September 10th, 2015.