AudioThing has released Toy Bars for Kontakt 5, which features samples from a forgotten musical toy. The instrument consists of a small glockenspiel operated by the chunky keys. The sounds were sampled with condenser and binaural microphones, with 5 round robin repetitions. The key release noises were sampled separately and can be adjusted to taste. The library also includes hits on the back of the plastic case along with slowed down samples.
- 8 Kontakt Instruments (.nki).
- 5 Round Robin samples.
- Two mics: condenser and binaural.
- 102 Samples (44.1kHz / 24-bit).
- Formats: Kontakt and WAV.
Price: €8. Toy Bars is available for the introductory price of €6.40 until February 22nd, 2015.
AudioThing has also ported Soundscapes Vol.2 to Win & Mac VST & AU.
Featuring soundscapes, textures and ambiences ready to use as VST/AU plug-in, these sounds are divided into four categories: binaural, concrete, inductor and piezo. The samples were recorded in different places across the world (Las Vegas, Dublin, Prague, Naples, and Cosenza) using studio or portable equipment.
- 35 Instruments.
- 48kHz / 24-bit.
- Formats: AU and VST (32/64-bit).
- Platforms: OS X, Windows.
- Samples derived from: binaural recordings, inductor and piezo effects, mixed objects/places.