Audreio has announced that full-bandwidth audio streaming is now available to musicians utilizing desktop DAWs and iOS for music production. Using your existing router, Audreio's Audio Unit plug-in streams audio (wirelessly or with a cable) from one device to another. No audio interface needed. The plug-in features a clean, straight-forward design, and since Audreio automatically detects all available devices on the same local network, making a remote connection is extremely easy.
Earlier this year, Audreio's iOS app introduced mobile musicians to high-quality wireless audio streaming between iOS devices. With the release of the AU plug-in, Audreio brings its core streaming technology to the music production industry's most popular and powerful desktop DAWs. In conjunction with Audreio for iOS (sold separately) users can conveniently stream audio between any combination of iOS devices and desktop DAWs. Simply instantiate Audreio AU in your DAW and all supported devices on the same local network will be available to connect with — no IP addresses to enter and no complicated set-up to deal with.
Audreio Audio Unit Plug-in Features:
- Stream full-bandwidth audio between computers over a local network.
- Broad compatibility (Mac AU hosts include Logic, Live, Studio One, DP and more).
- Connect your devices wirelessly, a lightning cable or via Ethernet.
- Straightforward and easy-to-use. No web server or complicated set-up to deal with.
- Works with Audreio's iOS app (sold separately: $4.99) for streaming between desktop DAWs and iOS devices.
Pricing and Availability
Audreio AU is available for download at audre.io for $20.
Requires an Audio Unit compatible host and OS X 10.8 or higher.