Autodafe has released CHPT-1 - Chiptune Drums, a Drum Machine for Kontakt based on samples of old retro-computers, video games, and circuit bent toy keyboards.
The Main Instrument has 5 vertical Slots:
- Hats (Closed, Open, Pedal).
- Toms (Hi, Mid, Low) for a total of 12 sounds.
Each Slot has different selectable kits of sounds:
- 32 Kicks.
- 32, Snares/Rim/Clap combinations.
- 16 Hats combinations (Closed, Open, Pedal).
- 8 Cymbals/Cowbells.
- 8 Toms combinations (Hi, Mid, Low) for lots of different combinations.
Each slot has:
- Separate Level, Pan and Tune controls for fine editing and fine-tuning of the samples.
- Two separate controls for Attack and Sustain of the onboard transient shaper.
- Solo/Mute buttons, to Solo and Mute sounds in the slot.
- An independent selectable Filter: Filter Type (different LowPass, HighPass), with Cutoff and Resonance controls.
- An independent Distortion section with selectable Type (Tube or Transistor) and Level control.
- A dedicated Reverb Send Level, which controls the amount of sound that is sent to the Reverb bus channel.
CHPT-1 requires Kontakt 5.6 Full (Not the free Kontakt Player) and costs 9.99 €/$.