Backbeat Books has published The Complete Singer-Songwriter, which is described as the ultimate guide for the modern performer, full of tips, tools, and inspiration for both aspiring troubadours and those looking to take their craft and career to the next level. Author Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers draws on first-hand interviews with song-writing legends and rising stars; expert advice from managers, agents, lawyers, and publishers; and his own experiences as a performing songwriter. He offers this invaluable companion for singer-songwriters on their journey from idea to song to the stage, studio, and beyond.
"Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers takes you through all of it - from the fun stuff to the daily grind, from writing to stepping on stage and building a business around you. He schools you on the mechanics of songwriting. Informs you about some key business contracts. And the insightful quotes from working songwriters give you a true sense of belonging. Jeffrey brings you into the mindset and lifestyle of the touring professional songwriter," says Ellis Paul.
New in the second edition:
- A songwriter's guide to chord progressions.
- Understanding song form and rhyme.
- Dozens of song-writing games and exercises.
- Essential info on copyrighting your songs, music publishing, and digital royalties.
- Online companion at completesingersongwriter.com with playlists and additional resources.
Price: $19.99 (US):
- Inventory #HL 00145576.
- ISBN: 9781495019913.
- Width: 6.0", Length: 9.0", 248 pages.