Frantic is an analogue sounding dedicated filter and is modelled after such famous analogue legends as the Korg MS20, Oberheim Xpander, OSC Oscar, Sherman Filterbank and the classic Moog Filter.
Features such as Filter Separation, inspired by the Oscar, gives your sounds that creamy delicate sound as well as offering more filter combinations than the original. Basements Arts has combined the various classic filters with an easy-to-use interface that offers the user basic modulations as well as allows one to perform complex audio surgery via the central modulation matrix. The matrix features a tricky shape X with Y feature that was inspired by the Crumar Spirit and offers access to some unique stereo modulations of the 2 true stereo filters.
- Dual true stereo filters with serial/parallel modes.
- 40 filter-modes with over 800 possible filter-combinations.
- Filter closely modelled after analogue legends like Korg MS20, Oberheim Xpander, OSC Oscar and Minimoog.
- Filter-Separation inspired by the Oscar.
- 10 fixed musical filter-offset intervals.
- Unique stereo modulation features.
- 10 slot Modulation Matrix with over 50 sources, over 75 destinations and unique shaping feature inspired by the Crumar Spirit.
- Pre and post Distortion with lo/hi cut filters.
- Samplerate Reduction and Bitcrusher pre/post filter.
- 3 VCAs.
- 4 syncable super-fast LFOs with uni/bi polar and double/half tempo clones.
- 2 MIDI-Keytrack modules.
- 2 Envelope Followers.
- 4 MIDI-Envelopes.
- Variable oversampling with 24bit 192K compatibility.
- MIDI-Controller support with easy Learn feature.
A demo version with 70 internal presets is available for download. The demo is restricted to 3 minutes of use and you will not be able to save patches or render a Frantic track. Preset Browsing via ± is disabled. You need to manually pick a preset.
Frantic can still be purchased at the introductory discount price of EU€99 until 31st May, 2005, after which Frantic will cost EU€129. MF-1 Users can cross-grade for EU€69.95.