Bedroom Producers Blog released BPB Dirty Filter Plus, a freeware dual filter plugin with a built-in compressor and four distortion modes.
The plugin features a pair of filters (high-pass and low-pass) with adjustable slopes, a versatile distortion module, a transparent compressor with auto-gain, and a freely resizable user interface.
BPB Dirty Filter Plus offers four different Dirt algorithms:
- Mode A (Original) – Classic tube-style distortion from the original BPB Dirty Filter.
- Mode B (Acid) – A more aggressive distortion suitable for cinematic sound design.
- Mode C (Dust) – A mellow distortion algorithm that sounds vintage and lo-fi.
- Mode D (Cyber) – Reduces the bit depth and sampling rate, resulting in a bitcrushed sound.
The Dirt knob controls the filter resonance and distortion amount. Increasing the Dirt parameter boosts and distorts the signal around the cutoff frequency.
- 4 Dirt modes (Original, Acid, Dust, and Cyber);
- Dual filters (HP and LP);
- Adjustable filter slope (12-48 dB/Oct);
- Transparent compression;
- Mix (0 – 100%);
- Output volume (±12 dB).