Bela D Media has announced the release of Bela D Bass | Power Signature LE for Kontakt. Its MSRP is $99.99 and is available via download.
Bela D Media says "heavily influenced by the attack, present tone, and aggressive playing style of Geddy Lee (RUSH), Bela D Bass is the first bass library to deliver a truly unique and lyrical sound. It is far beyond that of the typical and over used bass tone. Driven by attitude, power and melodic grace, Bela D Bass | Power Signature is the prog-rock/metal composers dream."
- Signature Jazz Bass.
- EMG J-Bass Active Pickups.
- Roto Sound Strings RS 66LD.
- Avalon U5 Tube Direct Box.
- Sans Amp R.B.I. Bass Preamp.
- Direct Bass.
- Ampeg 1x15 IRF.
- Ampeg 4x10 IRF.
- User controlled Compression, EQ and Excitement Reverb.
Performance Play Scripting
The Performance Play Script puts nearly every fret-hand technique the library offers in one powerful NKI file. Featuring real-time access to legato; slides; vibrato; harmonics; palm mutes; and more. All of the above can be accessed by three dynamically playable and distinctive plucking styles.
Bela D Bass begins with 3 main fingering articulations:
- Fingernail - Using fingernails gives the bass a particular harmonic over-tone and attack. It is almost the same approach of fingering used by classical guitarists.
- Fingernail Flick - a unique set of fingernail flicking samples. The flicking sound is generated by the fingernail pushing up and over the string. Consider it up picking.
- Pinch and Pull - This finger style produces a very sharp attack followed by a softer sustain. The strings are pulled away from the neck and quickly released, generating more punch, rattle and buzz.
Assigned to each of the 3 fingering articulations is a host of features that include:
- Sustained Straight tone.
- Sustained Vibrato.
- Sustained bend.
- Marcato Straight tone.
- Marcato Vibrato.
- Marcato Slide away.
- Palm Mutes.
Power Play features include:
- Groove Control functionality.
- Key-up functionality.
- Real-time legato slide control.
- Real-time hammer-on/pull-off control.
- Auto mono/poly modes via sustain pedal.
- Round Robin and Multi Release Triggers.
Bela D Media says that the full version will not be made commercially available. The LE version does not suffer from any loss of quality. There is no reduction in RR, RT, KS and this product is fully chromatic.
LE Version Data:
- 2.3 GB.
- 4,000+ samples.
- Format: Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 / 4.