BlauKraut Engineering has announced the release of version 2.0 of Charlatan for Windows. This is a major overhaul of the popular freeware soft synth.
Most notable changes are:
- Completely rewritten DSP engine resulting in roughly 50% (.) CPU savings in polyphonic mode.
- Unison mode with upto 7 voices and stereo spread. Even with 7-voice unison, CPU usage is very bearable.
- Major GUI overhaul.
- Additional LFO waveforms.
- Stereo noise.
- Amp envelope sustain parameter is now logarithmic.
- Some more presets.
- Mostly compatible with presets for Charlatan 1.x (*).
(*) Due to some tweaks to the sound engine, there may be subtle audible differences when loading some of the old patches.
More info and download: www.blaukraut.info