Blue Cat Audio has announced Blue Cat's Axiom, a comprehensive multi effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass.
Based on the Blue Cat's Destructor plug-in for amp simulation tones, Axiom offers an infinite number of amp models and effects thanks to its open architecture.
Its two amp simulations channels (with pre and post effects) can be mixed together or used alternatively like a real amplifier. Amp models can be chosen from hundreds of presets or personalized with the amp editor based on Blue Cat's Destructor, that offers complete control over all the parameters. Additional input and master sections let you adjust the tone at the input and the output of Axiom, with 4 additional effect slots each. A brickwall limiter also protects the output from overshoot.
Axiom includes more than 30 built-in effects that can be loaded in any of the 32 plug-in slots, including a built-in version of Blue Cat's Late Replies for creative delays and reverbs, and a built-in version of Blue Cat's Destructor to let you create your own distortion pedals, cabinets or additional amp simulations. All effects slots can also host third party Audio Unit, VST or VST3 plug-ins. Axiom offers an extra "Tools" section with 3 additional slots to host virtual instruments such as a metronome, a drum machine, a sequencer or a synthesizer, to be mixed with the guitar.
Blue Cat's Axiom will be available as a standalone application or plug-in (VST, VST3, AAX, Audio unit) for Mac and Windows. It will be demoed at the Winter NAMM Show this week on booth #16300, and the release is expected in Q2 2018.
Upgrade paths will be available for the owners of the Destructor and Late Replies plug-ins. At this occasion, Blue Cat Audio offers 20% discount on its store on the Late Replies and Destructor plug-ins until the end of the NAMM show.
Blue Cat's Axiom Main Features:
- Guitar & bass multi effects processor and amp simulation software.
- Two parallel amp channels with pre and post effects.
- Amp settings fully compatible with the Destructor plug-in.
- Input and master sections with plug-ins support.
- Load up to 32 built-in or third party effect plug-ins.
- more than 30 built-in effects including built-in versions of Blue Cat's Destructor and Late Replies.
- Master brickwall limiter.
- Load up to 3 virtual instruments in the tools section.
- Available as a standalone application or VST, VST3, Audio Unit or AAX plug-in for Mac and Windows.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.