Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cats PatchWork 2.1, a new version of its "universal plug-ins patchbay" software that can now host 25 built-in audio effects alongside VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins.
The new version includes 25 new built-in audio effects that can be mixed together with third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins to create custom effects and instruments patches that can be shared across Digital Audio Workstations. PatchWork can now load itself as a built-in effect to reuse presets into more complex chains, independently from the chosen plug-in format.
The Graphical User Interface (GUI) of PatchWork 2.1 can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%, and a new option is available to keep loaded plug-ins always on top of other windows.
In addition to new features and fixes (full list below), Blue Cat Audio has also added 75 new effect presets and a new quick start video tutorial to help you get the best of this new version.
What's New in PatchWork 2.1:
- Added 25 new built-in effects: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more.
- 75 New presets using built-in effects.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- Load PatchWork into itself as a built-in effect.
- Fixed host keyboard shortcuts lost when a sub plug-in is opened (in several host applications).
- Fixed wrong number of channels used when hosted plug-in input set to manual and output to auto.
- Fixed sub-plug-ins automation overwritten when using touch mode in some hosts.
- VST2: fixed a crash in WaveLab.
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Windows: fixed plug-in windows not showing on displays on the left or above the main display.
Price: 99 EUR or $99. The update is free for existing PatchWork V2 owners and can be downloaded from the same location as the original version 2.0 (link received by email upon purchase). Demo versions of the software can be downloaded from the Blue Cat website in most popular plug-in formats, and a standalone application is also available.