Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's Axiom version 1.1, Free Amp version 1.1 and Destructor version 1.4 free updates for its distortion, amp simulation and guitar effects processors, and launched "Guitar Month" promotions.
The new version of Axiom now supports drag and drop to quickly move, copy and insert effects and plug-ins anywhere in the signal chain. All three products now include an impulse response (IR) loader, to add color to the tone with custom cabinet or reverb impulse responses.
The update is free for existing customers, available from the same location as the original download (link received by email upon purchase). The Free Amp plug-in remains entirely free and can be downloaded on bluecataudio.com (no registration required).
Blue Cat Audio has also launched the "Guitar Month" on their website, with promotions on guitar software (up to 25% off) until the end of October, a guitar solo contest (prizes worth $1,796, until November 15th), and new free presets and tutorials.
New in Axiom 1.1:
- Load impulse responses (IR) in pre or post filters of the amp simulator. The frequency response of IRs can be shifted and mixed together with the usual filter settings.
- The built-in EQ plug-in can also load and manipulate impulse responses.
- Drag and drop support (full details here).
- Fixed "Joe's Bowl" factory preset that included an instance of PatchWork.
New in Blue Cat's Destructor 1.4:
- Load custom impulse responses (cabinets, reverbs) into the pre or post filters.
- Shape impulse responses in the edit view to match the perfect tone.
New in Free Amp 1.1:
- Load your own cabinet and reverb impulse responses.
Pricing (taxes included):
- Blue Cat's Free Amp: Free.
- Blue Cat's Axiom: 149 EUR or $149 (instead of 199, until Nov. 1st).
- Blue Cat's Destructor: 79 EUR or $79 (instead of 99, until Nov. 1st).
- Blue Cat's Axe Pack bundle: 249 EUR or $249 (instead of 299, until Nov. 1st).