Blue Cat Audio has released a free update for Blue Cat's Late Replies, its creative delay and multi effects plug-in also capable of hosting third party plug-ins anywhere in the signal path.
This new version brings many graphical user interface enhancements such as full GUI zoom, new presets management features and major performance improvements. It also fixes a couple of issues on both Mac and Windows (full change list below). It is a recommended free update for all existing users, available from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase).
For new customers, the plug-in is available for purchase for 99 EUR/USD instead of 129 until April 20th. Demo versions of the plug-in can be found on bluecataudio.com, as well as video examples.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Input and output effects strips can now be locked.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- Major presets loading improvements: hosted plug-ins are now reloaded only when changed, and updated otherwise. Improves performance and audio rendering when loading presets using the same plug-ins.
- Faster GUI loading / instantaneous GUI display after it has been opened once.
- Limiter on/off state is now independent from presets ("always locked").
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Performance and memory usage improvements.
- Improved Pitch Shifter built-in plug-in (fixed aliasing artefacts and added new modes).
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore.
- Fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Fixed: changing bypass in the Audio Unit version did not update host application's bypass state.
- Fixed: bypass buttons are now in sync with the hosted plug-ins' state.
- Mac: fixed presets directory not properly created for built-in plug-ins, breaking the save preset feature.
- Win: fixed copy/paste that sometimes stopped working until next app restart.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.
- A VST, VST3, AAX or Audio Unit compatible host application.
Pricing: Blue Cat's Late Replies: 99 EUR or $99, instead of 129 EUR or $129 (tax included), until April 20th.