Blue Cat Audio has updated Blue Cat's Protector to v2.2, a new version of the brickwall limiter plug-in, and launched "Dynamics Month" promotions on recently updated dynamics processors.
With a brand new user interface (fully zoomable), lookahead support, new factory presets and many other new features and enhancements (full change list below), this new version offers a streamlined limiting experience and greatly improves the result of brickwall limiting on the master buss. It can now also be used on any individual track, supporting both stereo and mono signals.
Upgrade to the new version is free for existing customers and can be downloaded from the link received by email upon purchase. A special introduction price (20% off the plug-in) is available until May 25th.
New in Blue Cat's Protector 2.2:
- Brand new GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- Lock the GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- New lookahead function to reduce distortion when used as a loudness booster.
- Mono tracks support: the plug-in now also works in mono.
- Lock GUI state to prevent changes when loading presets.
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- Now supports retina displays on Mac (text and graphs using high resolution).
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra and Mojave.
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Dropped support for legacy RTAS and DirectX plug-ins formats.
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in (except for VST3 on Mac, as explained here: bluecataudio.com/Blog/tip-of-the-day/vst3-plugin-id-changes-on-mac).
Blue Cat Audio is offering up to 33% off on all its recently updated dynamics processors during the "Dynamics Month": the Protector limiter, the all-in-one Dynamics plug-in, the multiband MB-5 Dynamix plug-in and the Energy Pack bundle. Existing customers should receive extra discounts by email. Demo versions of all plug-ins are available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, in most popular plug-in formats for Mac and PC.
- Protector: 79 EUR/USD instead of 99 (20% off) until May 25th.
- Dynamics: 99 EUR/USD instead of 129 (23% off) until May 25th.
- MB-5 Dynamix: 99 EUR/USD instead of 149 (33% off) until May 25th.
- Energy Pack: 299 EUR/USD instead of 399 (25% off) until May 25th.