Blue Cat Audio has released a new version of Blue Cat's PatchWork, its multi-effects processor also capable of hosting third party plug-ins.
This new version brings new macro parameters features to control multiple parameters from multiple plug-ins with a single knob. With the ability to choose knob styles for the macro controls and hide the plug-ins matrix, it is like creating a brand new plug-in out of many. This new version also improves MIDI I/O and the integration with control surfaces, and includes many other new features and fixes (full list below).
What's New in PatchWork 2.6:
- New macro controls editor to edit plug-in parameters mapping.
- Assign multiple parameters from multiple plug-ins to a single macro control, and adjust the range for each parameter.
- Assign a name to each macro control, that is now displayed in automation lanes in most host applications (may require a session reload in some cases).
- Parameters names for existing sessions will be automatically updated upon load.
- Select macro knobs appearance among 18 predefined styles.
- New learn modes to quickly assign plug-in parameters.
- MIDI output is now enabled in standalone application.
- Select individual MIDI I/O in standalone application.
- Added an option in global & preset input settings to send MIDI events when MIDI-enabled parameters are modified in the plug-in (to update control surfaces accordingly).
- In most plug-in formats, internal audio I/O configuration can now be selected regardless of the configuration defined by the host (you can for example reduce the number of channels to save CPU and process only selected channels).
- PatchWork App now uses Apple's Hardened Runtime and the installer has been notarized to avoid security warnings on Mac.
- Improved performance to load the user interface.
- Improved VST parameter value display in some host applications.
- Fixed bypass that did not let MIDI messages go thru for some MIDI plug-ins.
- Fixed some GUI resizing issues with some VST3 plug-ins.
- Fixed signal overflow issues with the Reverb built-in plug-in for some surround configurations.
The free update can be downloaded from the same location as the original full version (link received by email upon purchase).
PatchWork is on sale (20% off / 79 EUR or $79 instead of 99) until October 26th, 2022, while existing customers will receive an even better deal by email. Demo versions are available on www.bluecataudio.com in most plug-in formats (and as a standalone application) for Mac and Windows PC.