Bolder Sounds say the Vietnamese Dan Bau library for Kontakt is new to the world of software samplers. Written records date its origin to 1770, many scholars estimate its age to be up to one thousand years older.
The Dan Bau is a single stringed instrument played with a bamboo pick at the harmonic node points of the string. Pitch variations and vibrato are created with a pitch rod at the head of the instrument. This is a very expressive instrument for lead melodic lines. The Dan Bau is used in traditional Vietnamese folk music as well as current popular music.
- Scripted 5 x independent random round-robins per key.
- The string is sampled chromatically from C1 up to C5. C1 to B1 are open strings – C2 to C5 are harmonics – C5 to C6 is the C5 sample stretched.
- The two sampled sound sources (Magnetic Pickup and Microphone) can be edited completely independent, and the settings can be saved as independent Presets.
- On the Pitch Bend Page, you can setup 2 different Pitch Bend settings and shift between them with a selected CC controller.
- A very advanced scripted Vibrato control, this is a rebuild of Big Bobs SIPS v. 110 Vibrato.
- The Dan Bau can be played either in Monophonic Mode (with Mono-Latch On or Off) or in Polyphonic Mode.
- A bonus instrument "Dan Bau – Open String" that has all the open string samples mapped out across the keyboard from C1 up to C6.
- An Effects Panel with 8 FX Slots. In the first four Slots, you can load different Effects. Each FX Slot has its own Preset menus, so you can save and recall all the various parameters.
Price: $59.95; Sale: $47.96.
The full uncompressed size of this library is 2.10 GB. It has been Kontakt compressed (.ncw) down to 1.52 GB for the convenience of downloading and rapid loading into Kontakt.