Bolder Sounds has released Pure Lute for Kontakt, a sample library created with an authentic 10 course gut strung lute. This ancestral instrument of the modern guitar has a vast repertoire which spans from the tail end of the Renaissance through the Baroque period (roughly dated ending at 1750).
Extensive KSP scripting offers flexible fingering positions on the fretboard of the lute as well as the ability to utilize pitch bend and vibrato techniques that would not be possible on the actual instrument. This library will appeal to early music aficionados as well as those looking to add a distinct organic color to their compositions.
Features of the Pure Lute Sample Library:
- 3x independent round-robin per key, for each of the 10 courses of the Lute. The 1st course was sampled chromatically through the 12th fret - 2nd course through the 10th fret - the 3rd and 4th course through the 9th fret and the 5th and 6th courses were sample chromatically through the 8th fret.
- 5 different pluck positions that can be selected, either via Key Switches or via velocity.
- A very advanced scripted Pitch Bend and Vibrato control.
- Detailed Articulation control to emulate slurs (hammer-ons and pull-offs).
- Sampled Ornaments – 4 options, 2 types in both half and whole steps.
- Detailed KSP scripted control of Fretting Position on the neck of the lute, including an Auto Fret Selection feature.
- A Key Switch Page where you can freely assign which key will trigger the various Key Switches.
- A dedicated Instrument with sampled major and minor chords, both as Block chords and Roll chords.
- 8 different effects - each with its own Preset menu, so you can save and recall all the various parameters.
The full uncompressed size of this library is 2.7 GB. It has been Kontakt compressed (.ncw) down to 1.3 GB for convenience of downloading and rapid loading into Kontakt.
The Pure library is available at a introductory price of $44.95 through July 1, 2015.