Bolder Sounds says:
"This library could have easily been entitled Bluegrass, Folk, Americana, Rockabilly or Western Swing Upright Bass. This style of bass playing evolved from music where there were no drums to establish a strong rhythm. Therefore it was the job of the bass player not only to play the bass lines but also to create a strong rhythmic feel using special percussive techniques. We were also fortunate to record a master of this style Eric Thorin at Grace Design studios in Lyons, Colorado.
Bo Clausen has created his usual flexible KSP scripting for this sample library. If you are familiar with other Bolder sample libraries, then you already are familiar with his work."
Some Features of the RUB sample library for NI Kontakt:
- 4 Kontakt instruments - the main plucked bass .nki, a bowed bass .nki, a knocks .nki (turns the bass into a percussion kit) and a extra slides .nki.
- Sampled articulations include standard plucks, slapped notes, ghost notes, finger flicks, palm hits, harmonics and slides.
- Recorded with a Nuemann U87 (on the bottom of the bass) and a Sennheiser small diaphragm microphone (on the fingerboard) with a control knob to balance these 2 sources.
- A very sophisticated Auto-Position script allowing idiomatic movement around the fingerboard - especially helpful for non-string players (keyboard players. This script can also be turned off if desired. String imposition keyswitches for playing up a single string.
- Velocity levels for each sample layer can be customized to the user preference for tonal variety.
- All keyswitch locations can be reassigned to the users preference.
- The bowed bass features a auto-legato script with short and long bow strokes in both down and up-bow articulations.
- All 4 RUB instruments share the same Effects data file for ease of switching between .nki instruments and keeping the same effect settings.
- Effects include pre-compression EQ, compression, post-compression EQ, delay, reverb and IR convolution.
Price: $69.95 - Introductory price $55.95 until 10/04/19. This library requires NI Kontakt full retail version 5.5.2 or higher, and has been tested for compatibility in Kontakt 5 & 6.
The full uncompressed size of this library is 1.8 GB. It has been Kontakt compressed (.ncw) down to 931 MB for convenience of downloading and rapid loading into Kontakt.