Boz Digital has released Bark of Dog 2, a unique, stereo/M-S low-frequency enhancer that combines a resonant filter and Pultec-style boost-attenuation EQ in a simple, easy to use plug-in.
Boz says "When Bark of Dog was just a puppy, it was bred to be a studio-quality, resonant high-pass filter and rapidly became mixer's best friend and a staple in studios the world over. Like all gear that becomes classics, along with a simple, intuitive interface, Bark of Dog 2 makes it easy to get great results in both low-frequency cleanup and bass boost. Bark of Dog 2 operates in stereo or Mid-Side, enabling you to choose between Stereo, Mid only, or Side only processing. It also offers a continuously variable center frequency knob and A/B comparison mode that automatically saves settings into the selected bank. Bark of Dog 2 not only incorporates the resonant filter mode (Classic) of its sire, it adds a Pultec-like boost-attenuation mode (Passive), plus a Combo mode that combines Classic and Passive modes, giving you more options to clean and tighten your low end, as well as add body to instruments and vocals. Plus, you can instantly switch between them to see which works best. Get used to calling your stereo bus "the dog house," because once you year Bark of Dog 2 in action, it's going to live there—and now you can get version 2, the big dog, for free. Prepare to be amazed."
- Unique low-frequency filter cleans and tightens low end.
- High-pass your track without making it weak or thin.
- Boost low end to extremes without blowing your speakers.
- Three operating modes: Resonant filter (Classic), Boost-attenuation (Passive), and both combined Combo.
- Continuously variable center frequency select.
- Individual stereo, mid, and sides processing.
- Dry/wet blend control.
- Instantly switch between modes to monitor results, plus A/B comparison.
- Simple interface yields dramatic results.