Bremmers Audio Design has released version 10 of MultitrackStudio. The new release supports per-note MIDI controllers, MPE and parts of the new MIDI 2.0 protocol.
MultitrackStudio 10 uses MIDI 2.0 internally throughout. The MIDI 2.0 registered per-note controllers and per-note pitchbend are supported. Conversion to/from MPE is applied where appropriate, so you can use MPE keyboards and plugins etc.
MultitrackStudio for iPad has been updated to version 4, with MPE and MIDI 2.0 support similar to the desktop version.
- Supports per-note MIDI controllers (MIDI 2.0 pitch bend and all MIDI 2.0 registered controllers except for #3).
- macOS 11: can use MIDI 2.0 input/output devices.
- Supports MPE keyboards.
- Supports VST3 note expression.
- Supports MPE VST3/VST2/AU instruments.
- The MultitrackStudio Instruments support MIDI 2.0 per-note pitch bend, the synths also support per-note brightness (controls the filter cut off frequency).
- The Sampler supports MIDI 2.0 per-note pitch bend and per-note modulation.
- Per-note expression for external MIDI instruments ('multitimbral expression').
- Windows touchscreen: onscreen MIDI keyboard has 'Use per-note pitch bend' option.
- Keyboard Mapper (formerly Keyboard Splitter) can now convert controls to other controls, and it can transpose by a number of semitones.
- All editors update the per-note controls automatically.
- Note Off Velocity editor. Note-off velocity is supported throughout.
- Pitch bend editors can now zoom and scroll vertically.
Users who purchased MultitrackStudio after October 28, 2013 are entitled to lifetime free updates. Older versions can be upgraded: $39 (Pro) / $23 (Standard).