Cerberus Audio has released Epoch Dynamic Comb Filter, a unique alternative to traditional filtering and dynamics processes such as equalizers and compressors, for 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in VST and AU plug-in formats. It costs $72. A free downloadable demo is available.
Cerberus Audio say that unlike most equalizers, Epoch is musically reactive, and Epoch has a wider range of tonal color than most compressors.
Epoch's technology includes transient detection, high quality oversampling, convolution, and FFT-based processing.
The heart of Epoch is its Comb Filter Section which features a 360° Phase Rotator and a Fractional Delay. The filtered signal is applied selectively by Epoch's flexible bespoke Dynamics Section.
Epoch's ergonomic UI is designed for convenience and control. Its simple front panel controls help you to balance Epoch's filtering and dynamic effects to achieve results with speed and ease.
Cerberus Audio says: "Epoch challenges the status quo. We conceived it to sound superlative and remarkable. Our targets were silk, velvet, and chocolate. You probably shouldn't throw away your old gear, but sometimes Epoch will be better".
Comb Filter Section:
- Bi-Directional Sub-Sample Delay.
- 360° Phase Rotator.
- Feed-Forward and Feed-Back Detection Circuits.
- Transient Sensitivity with Lookahead.
- Optical Detector Type Behaviour.
- Gate/Expander Type Behaviour.
- Program Dependent Release.
- High Quality Oversampling.
- External Side Chaining.
- Undo/Redo with Unlimited History.
- Four Persistent Memory Banks.
- Double Precision Signal Path.
- Parallel Processing.
- Secret Sauce.