Cherry Audio has proclaimed May to be Bob Moog Appreciation Month, a month-long tribute to the genius of Dr. Robert A. Moog. The celebration will feature new products, unique content, and discounts on some of their most popular products. Throughout May, Cherry Audio will be donating a portion of profits from its new Minimode synthesizer to the Bob Moog Foundation, an independent 501(c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to Dr. Moog's legacy of work at the intersection of music, science, and imagination.
Robert A. Moog was an electronic music pioneer, engineering physicist, and inventor whose name became synonymous with the synthesizer. Born in New York City on May 23rd, 1934, he spent his early years designing and selling Theremin kits bearing the R. A. Moog Co. name. He graduated with a double degree in Electrical Engineering and Engineering Physics from Queens College and Columbia University. In the mid-1960s, Dr. Moog invented the first commercial synthesizer, followed by the portable Minimoog in 1970. His innovations, such as voltage control, the pitch wheel, and the ladder filter, were highly influential in defining the synthesizer industry that followed.
As part of Bob Moog Appreciation Month, Cherry Audio is slashing prices on a number of its products, specifically those inspired by Dr. Moog's contributions to yesteryear's synthesizers and audio production equipment. These synthesizers, effects, and modules represent the depth and breadth of over two decades of classic gear released with the Moog name from 1965 to 1987.
The Cherry Audio products featured during May include:
- Minimode - an authentic emulation of the Minimoog Model D that debuted in 1971 and set the gold standard for all portable synthesizers to come. $39 (introductory price), 33% off List of $59.
- Memorymode - based upon the Memorymoog, one of the very best-sounding polyphonic programmable analog synthesizers of the 80s. $29 (regularly $39), 50% off List of $59.
- Polymode - inspired by the Moog Polymoog synthesizer, one of the world's first polyphonic synthesizers. $19 (regularly $29), 60% off List of $49.
- Surrealistic MG-1 Plus - an authentic recreation of the fun and funky Moog MG-1 synthesizer sold in Radio Shack stores in the 80s. Always free.
- Rackmode Signals Processors - a bundle of seven virtual effects and an instrument plugin replicating the classic rack-mounted Moog Signal Processors of the 1970s and '80s. $49 (regularly $99), 62% off List of $129.
Cherry Audio Voltage Modular (VM) Modules:
- Polymode Module for VM - a complete instrument with modular features inspired by the 70s Polymoog synthesizer. $19 (regularly $29), 50% off List of $39.
- VM900 Collection for VM - a 26-module collection that delivers the audio and visual experience of the 1960s and 1970s-era Moog 900-series modules, featuring proprietary DSP coding by Mark Barton (MRB) for spine-tingling impact and accuracy. $49 (regularly $79), 50% off List of $99.
- Cherry Audio Year Three Collection for VM - combines the Cherry Audio/MRB VM2500 Collection, VM900 Collection, and Synthesizer Expander Module Bundles at an unbeatable price for massive, vintage-vibed analog synthesis. $99 (regularly $129), 50% off List of $199.