Cinematique Instruments has announced the release of Bowed Psaltery, a new Kontakt format sample library of a wooden soundbox with unstopped strings over it, that is played with a bow. The Bowed Psaltery is triangular in shape, allowing each string to extend a little farther than the one before it, so that each can be individually bowed – only one note at a time. The Bowed Psaltery belongs to the Zither family.
Bowed Psaltery contains samples of sustain/ legato notes as separate upbow and downbow stroke variations, short as well as staccato bowed notes in 4 times Round Robin and tremolo notes. Beyond that there are "slow - tremolo" loops and some noises and scratches made with the bow - all in tempo-sync.
Bowed Psaltery costs €19. Kontakt 3 or higher is required.
Summary of all 8 patches:
- Bowed Psaltery MW: (sustain notes as separate up and downbow stroke variations, looped, additional release notes, modwheel controls dynamic).
- Bowed Psaltery Shrt: (Short notes in 4 times Round Robin).
- Bowed Psaltery Stacc MW: (Staccato notes in 4 times Round Robin, modwheel affects the dynamic from gentle to hard staccato).
- Bowed Psaltery Stacc MW Arp: (see above, arpeggiator script with 12 presets).
- Bowed Psaltery Tremolo: (Tremolo notes, looped, additional release notes, modwheel controls dynamic, controlling amount of reverb).
- Bowed Psaltery FX: (processed long notes, pad-like).
- Bowed Psaltery KEY: (Multi contains sustain, short and staccato notes, switchable by key).
- Bowed Psaltery Loops: ("slow - tremolo" (ostinato) loops, noises and scratches made with the bow, tempo-synced, controlling rhythm/dynamic-intensity).