Cmusic Production has released the SOLO Sackbut Library for Kontakt.
The curtain pipe (Sackbut) is the direct ancestor of the trombone. Moving the tube forward and backward, the player could change the volume of air in the instrument, which made it possible to extract sounds that were called chromatic scale. The sound of the timbre was similar to the timbre of the human voice, so the pipes were widely used in the church choir, to enhance the sound and duplication of the lower voices.
Legato Velocity control:
- Legato Velocity control.
- Legato speed control.
- Sustain non vibrato for each note (3 layers).
- 3-x round robin staccato (3 layers).
- 3-x round robin marcato short and long (3 layers).
- 2/4 and 4/4 tempo sync swells (120 BPM default, 2 layers).
- Crescendo short and long.
- Live trills and shake between notes in octave range.
- Mutes: Cup, Harmon and Straight.
- Humanize function.
- 693 MB on disc, 1 805 samples, 44.1 kHz / 24-bit.