TX16Wx now supports EXS24 and Akai AKP program import, three-way cross modulation, user defined program icons and VST micro tuning. There are also many usability and stability improvements, as well as a new, large, UI mode.
Changes in version 2.4.0:
- OS X / Windows Vista / Windows 7 "missing file" dialog now includes a "search" option.
- Load/Save progress indicator now includes an "Abort" button.
- Added a "via" cross modulation parameter to modulation entries, allowing control of modulation strength by other modulator.
- Added selectable round-robin source for wave matrix / group switcher.
- Added "toggle" trigger mode.
- Added large UI skin.
- Added import of EXS format instruments.
- Added import of AKP format instruments.
- Added 6db low/high pass filter.
- Added Direct MIDI CC as modulation source.
- Added support for VST2 micro tuning.
- Added optional support for bank select to address more than 128 programs via MIDI program change.
- Added optional program/performance number display in drop down selectors.
- Added program/performance re-ordering dialog.
- Added user selectable program icons.
- Skins now handle CSS "import".
- UI size is now constrained by minimum size of applied skin.
- UI skins loading time improved.
- Default skin + graphics are now delivered as external files as well as resources.
- SFZ import now honors MIDI CC trigger switch.
- Save and other edits now disabled while previewing material.
- Fixed issue where editing wave matrix source settings was applied to all objects, not just selected.
- Fixed import of Sound fonts with non-symmetric/broken stereo pair definitions.
- Fixed CoreObject leaks and errors on OS X.
- Fixed COM leaks and errors on Windows.
- Fixed host not notified on performance change.
- Fixed crash when running in bridged mode in some hosts.
TX16Wx is a free VST/AU sampler instrument for Windows and Mac OS X with 32- and 64-bit support. It can be downloaded from www.tx16wx.com