New Features in Max/MSP include:
- Complete ReWire slave support with objects for retrieving and controlling all ReWire host information.
- Visualization tools for audio signals, including sonogram and spectrogram displays and a new VU-style meter with adjustable ballistics.
- Anti-aliased oscillators with a warm, analog sound.
- A preset management system with parameter morphing and file storage in human-readable XML.
- Sample-accurate audio signal step sequencing.
- New high-quality realtime pitch and frequency shifting objects based on intelligent audio signal analysis.
- Mastering quality dynamics-processing objects based on using award-winning technology licensed from Octiv Inc.
- Integrated Java language support, including dozens of networking, multimedia and list-handling example applications.
Max and Max/MSP 4.5 are now available for both Mac OS X and Windows XP at Cycling '74 dealers worldwide. Registered Max users can upgrade to Max 4.5 for $100 ($120 after September 30) and Max/MSP users can upgrade for $149 ($179 after September 30) directly from Cycling '74. The MSRP for Max 4.5 is $250, Max/MSP is $495, and the Max/MSP/Jitter bundle is $850.