D16 Group has released Decimort 2, a new major version of their High Quality Bit Crusher unit. Along with new tag-based preset management system, alternative UI sizes and refined plug-in configuration, which comprises a new plug-in framework, D16 Group introduces a collection of new features:
- Two optional anti-alias filters - For better control the "desired" artifacts; resampler's aliasing and images.
- Adjustable Jitter - Which introduces short-period, random fluctuations to the resampling frequency, producing a new type of harmonic distortion.
- Two quantization methods - The mid-raiser and mid-tread decimation algorithms (DC Shift switch), each of them characterized by a drastically different dynamics response.
- Controllable dithering - Dithering conceptually developed as means to reduce audible quantization errors by masking the harmonic distortions they cause. Here controllable to increase number of ways in which the sound can be treated in.
Decimort 2 has been released in VST, AU, AAX and RE formats. Decimort 2 RE is sold separately and available at the Propellerhead online shop. Please note that the RE version excludes some of the features present in VST, AU, AAX variants (tag-based preset browser and selectable UI size).
Price: €39. A special offer is available for Decimort 1 owners:
- Free upgrades for licenses purchased in 3 months grace period.
- Discounts for remaining Decimort licensees as well as for the owners of other D16 products.
A demo version is downloadable from the d16.pl web site.
D16 Group still guarantees limited support for Decimort 1, which includes assistance from their Helpdesk and eventual hot-fixes for potentially found bugs, but the support ceases on June 30, 2016. After that date D16 Group will provide only download links and possibility of activation for Decimort 1 licensees.