D16 Group has released the Devastor 2 - a major new version of their Multiband Distortion Unit. Along with new tag-based preset management system, alternative UI sizes and refined plug-in configuration, which comprises on new plug-in framework, D16 Group introduces a collection of new features:
- Signal Routing Selector - Replaces version 1's Pre / Post filter switches, giving more efficient control over processing path and at the same time offering some new, unachievable before, signal topologies.
- Built-in Limiter - Prevents the outputs clipping as well as enriches the sound.
- Redesigned Filter model - Provides more contemporary approach to filter modelling (based on analog circuits).
- Improved Dynamics Flattener - Makes the characteristics of the module punchier.
Devastor 2 has been released in VST, AU, AAX and RE formats. Devastor 2 RE is sold separately and available at the Propellerhead online shop. Please note that the RE version excludes some of the features present in VST, AU, AAX variants (tag-based preset browser and selectable UI size).
Price: €39. A special offer is available for Devastor 1 owners:
- Free upgrades for licenses purchased in 6 months grace period.
- Discounts for remaining Devastor licensees as well as for the owners of other D16 products.
A demo version is downloadable from the d16.pl web site.
D16 Group still guarantees limited support for Devastor 1, which includes assistance from their Helpdesk and eventual hot-fixes for potentially found bugs, but the support ceases on April 30, 2016. After that date D16 Group will provide only download links and possibility of activation for Devastor 1 licensees.