D16 Group releases Toraverb 2 (Win & Mac, VST & AU) introducing AAX format
D16 Group has announced the release of Toraverb 2, a Space Modulated Reverb.
Toraverb 2 comes with several new features improving the user experience and providing more control over the effect:
- Pre-delay with optional host tempo synchronization.
- Modulation of diffusion network independently controlled for Early and Late reflections.
- Controllable Crosstalk in Early reflections' network.
- 3 different EQ curves for Early and Late reflections' parametric equalizers.
- Early and Late reflections' mixer with controllable stereo balance (in L/R or M/S domains).
- Wet signal ducker controlled with Dry signal.
- Adjustable FX crossfade characteristics.
- Tag based preset browser.
- Two alternative GUI sizes.
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout.
For Toraverb 1 owners and remaining loyal customers D16 Group has prepared special offers, which should have been delivered via email by now.
Activation and downloading Toraverb 1 for its licensees remains lifetime, but technical support ceases on 2018-04-02
Price: The retail price is set to 69 Eur, however until November 3rd, 2017 it can be purchased for an intro price, which is 49 Eur.
Toraverb 2 - Space Modulated Reverb - is an algorithmic reverb with modulated tail. Its design is not based on any "off-the-shelf" algorithm, but is a concept solution. Toraverb 2 features high quality diffusion network based on modified all-pass filters with an additional modulation parameter affecting the diffusion network, which is responsible for the distribution of the sound waves reflections in time. Modulation causes alteration to the sound of the reverb's tail to give a more realistic effect of sound propagation. Modulation amount is controlled independently for early and late reflections.
Toraverb 2 also features a spatial reflection algorithm with cross-talking of reflected stereo waves between stereo channels. This models what happens in the real world when a sound audible only in the left ear is reflected and is heard in both ears.
There are also two independent, single band, fully parametric equalizers with 3 available curve types each. One is used to EQ early reflections and the other to EQ late reflections.
The signal from Early and Late reverberation modules is blended together in the Mixer, which provides, apart from controlled Levels, also Stereo Balance parameters for both reflection types, which can work in L-R or M-S domain.
Finally Toraverb 2 features a built-in ducker, which compresses the FX signal's amplitude proportionally to the loudness of dry / unprocessed input without necessity of employing any additional side-chain compression unit into your DAW's FX chain.
- High quality diffusion network.
- Pre-delay with optional tempo sync. - New in V2.
- Reverb's tail modulation (with independent control for Early and Late reflections - New in V2).
- Controllable crosstalking spatial reflections - New in V2.
- Parametric EQ for Early and Late reflections (with 3 different curves each - New in V2).
- Early and Late mixer (with stereo balance working in either L/R or M/S domains - New in V2).
- Built-in ducker - New in V2.
- Adjustable FX crossfade characteristics - New in V2.
- Tag based preset browser - New in V2.
- Two alternative GUI sizes - New in V2.
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout - New in V2.
- 64-bit internal processing.