Daevlmakr Media has released the Daevl.Plugs Audio Transmogrification Suite v1.0.1 for Windows XP and Mac OS X in VST and Audio Units plug-in formats (via Pluggo).
The Daevl.Plugs were built to bring organic qualities and non-repeating elements to electronic music and digital audio. The suite contains 9 major plug-ins and 9 CPU-light mini-plugs. Many employ random or chaotic processes triggered by peaks in the source material. Each has its own strengths, but every Daevl.Plug will transmogrify anything: voice, bass, guitar, synthesizers, drums, choirs of heavenly angels... you name it.
The 9 major plug-ins:
- daevl.cerberus: three delays in a feedback network with time shifting, distortion via self frequency modulation.
- daevl.cubedriver: a bitcrusher and pitchshifter inside a stereo delay loop. When feedback is engaged on the delay lines, audio is re-pitched and re-crushed on each new trip through the loop. A variable strength envelope follower brings the output back into shape.
- daevl.hilbertspace: a delay network of three Hilbert-Transform ring modulators.
- daevl.noise: replaces source audio with enveloped pitched and white noise. Three channels of pitched noise and a single channel of filtered white noise include random instability. A variable strength envelope follower brings the noise back into line.
- daevl.sixcylinder: three dual-mono amplitude oscillators in a cat's cradle delay network.
- daevl.threep: three networked pitch shifters with random pitch sweeps every n seconds.
- daevl.triad: three pitch class filters with selectable Q, cross-channel frequency modulation and overdriven distortion on each channel, followed on the composite out by a smoothly randomizing 5 band EQ peak synchronized to the source signal.
- daevl.triphase: three phase delays in selectable serial/parallel/hybrid configuration.
- daevl.triptych: three graphic multi-band filters in parallel, with time-shifting and feedback on each channel. Added controls for creating perfectly spaced comb filters and randomized frequency sieves of your chosen sonic density.
The 9 mini-plugs:
- Standardized look and feel.
- One-click randomization.
- Host/MIDI automation.
- HTML documentation.
The Daevl.Plugs are available online now, at a price of $36 for the complete suite of 18 plug-ins. A free demo version can be downloaded.