de la Mancha has announced the release of dirty harry, an unashamedly DIY lofi synth based on samples of dlM's two home-made, lo-fi noise-makers, the Atari Punk Console and the BugBrand WOM. Priced at $15, dirty harry is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
dlM is also running a special offer for the month of October on de la Mancha bundle pricing. Two bundles are reduced in price for this period, down to $10 per plug-in, which is less than 50% off the prices if bought individually.
- Sancho Panza bundle: $90 for 9 plug-ins (saves $102).
- dlM fx bundle: $50 for 5 plug-ins (saves $62).
You can see more details on the bundle contents and prices here.
dirty harry offers 20 unique waveforms in all their mono/monophonic glory. For extra grit the oscillators can be sync'd or ring modulated. Fidelity can be lowered further still with reduction in sample quality, distortion and a unique 'bad contact' emulation. 2 tempo-sync LFOs allow modulation of filter, pitch and contact, with one LFO modulating the depth and frequency of the other. There are envelopes for volume, pitch and filter, with different contours and pitch options. Throw in an arpeggiator, pitch drift and portamento and you can see that, whilst it may be lofi in sound, it doesn't lack for sound design features.
- 20 unique waveforms sampled from dlM's homemade lofi synths, the Atari Punk Console and the BugBrand WOM.
- 3 oscillators, syncable to osc1 and ring modulatable with each other.
- Each osc can be routed to the filter independently.
- 2 tempo sync LFOs with many waveforms, can modulate filter cutoff, each osc pitch and the contact depth and wet level.
- LFO 2 can modulate the depth and speed of LFO 1.
- 2 envelopes for volume, filter or pitch, with various contours and options to modulate up/down.
- Tempo sync arpeggiator.
- Dodgy contact emulation.
- Pitch instability.
- Low quality, dirty, lo-fi options.
- 89 presets covering Lead, Bass, Arp, Drone, Fx and Basic styles.