Devious Machines has announced the release of Texture, billed as "the effects plugin with the heart of a synth".
Part FX processor, part synth, Devious Machines says Texture is a new class of plugin that will enhance, shape or completely transform any audio signal. Drawing from a library of over 340 acoustic and electronic sources, Texture synthesises new layers which track the dynamics of your sound.
Texture's range of over 340 sources ('Choral Clusters', 'Plastic Ratchet', 'Heavy Crackle', ...) are built from a mixture of sampled, granular and algorithmically generated sounds, giving you multiple choices of complementary layers for any sound you throw it at.
To refine your sound, tweak the Gate response, dial in Attack, Hold and Decay envelope properties, and take control of EQ for both the original sound and the Texture layer. You can also modulate Texture properties with an LFO or envelope, while other controls include dry/wet Mix, Sidechain filtering and Limiting.
- Over 340 sampled, granular and generative texture sources to choose from.
- Diverse sample library, including musical instruments, digital waveforms, analogue synthesisers, tape hiss, foley and sound effects.
- Control texture dynamics with Attack, Hold and Decay, Gate and Limit controls.
- Texture filter, for fast and dynamic tone shaping.
- Sculpt the original sound and Texture with dual EQ sections.
- Customise your chosen Texture with further controls (Colour, Pitch, Octave, Density...).
- Modulate a Texture's controls and filter cutoff using LFO and Envelope signals.
- Filter the response to the source signal with the Sidechain Filter.
- Global control of Texture level, Mix and Master level.
- Samples provided at 96kHz where required for pristine repitching.
- VST/AU/AAX effects plugin for PC (32/64-bit) and Mac (64-bit).
Example Use Cases:
- Add dirt with authentic vinyl crackle, tape hiss and digital noise.
- Instantly add body, bite and life to drums.
- Create radical new sounds from rhythmic source material.
- Generate a shaker pattern with the rhythm of another percussive part.
- Quickly whip up risers and pitch modulated special FX.
- Use as a subharmonic synth for heavyweight bass.
- Increase a sound's width and depth with percussive reverb tails.
- Add organic layers including Foley, crowd noise and ambience.
- And much more...
Intro Price: £59.99 (Reg. £79.99).