This is how it's going to be done.
- I use two different guitar tracks to create the intro of the song.
- In the 1st track I play an A-minor chord over the bass note.
- Here I use SILKs Bass Note Function and decide for F#2 in the Style Phrases.
- The style of choice is Simple Folk.
- I then use SILKs Animate Function to build up tension over the first four bars.
- In the 2nd track, I play higher notes to create a little prelude.
- Again, I play here an A-minor chord on a higher position on the keyboard (A5/C6) to create a contrastive pitch to the first track.
- The style of choice is TENDER NOTES.
The Main Part::
- In the main part I play the chords A-minor, Gmaj, Gsus4/C and Fmaj.
- To create a picked sound fundament, I use two different instances of VG SILK.
- The style of choice is SIMPLE FOLK.
- For the rhythmical variations I use the Style Phrases F#2, D2, F#2 and D#2.
- The 2nd track plays a higher version of the chords with the Style: BREAD & BUTTER.
- The 3rd track uses the chords A-minor, Gmaj, Gsus4/C and Fmaj.
- The style of choice is: POWER CHORDS.
- The bridge uses three instances of VG SILK playing A-minor, Gmaj7 and Fmaj7.
- The 1st track uses the Style: Allegro Ballad.
- For rhythmical variations I play the Style Phrases F#2 and D#1.
- The 2nd track uses the Style: 70s Folk.
- I also use SiLK's Bass Note Function in this track, playing an accent on A3 and F3.
- To conclude the bridge I play a melodic idea with a 3rd instance of VG SiLK.
- The style of choice is: ASYMETRIC.
- The dampened sound is created through an automation of the mod-wheel to apply SiLKs damping function.
Down By The Lake: The Song
Written by Mara Kim & Martin Seyer
Vocals Mara Kim
Martin Seyer is a composer, sound designer and music educator who works for the music and media industry in close collaboration with artists, directors and theatre productions.