eaReckon has updated the ANALOG87 Series and the FREE87 Series to version 1.1.0. These major updates offer 32/64bit VST/AU plug-ins for Mac OS X (10.5 or later) and 32/64bit VST plug-ins for Windows (XP, Vista, 7). The 9 (5 + 4) plug-ins have been totally re-coded and feature new interfaces, some new algorithms and various things as described below.
Changes to all plug-ins:
- Entirely re-coded.
- Available for Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) as 32/64bit VST and AU plug-ins.
- Native 32/64bit VST versions for Windows.
- New GUI.
- Alternative authorization process. It is now possible to authorize eaReckon plug-ins by downloading a (watermarked) key file. This key file is available after some manual verifications. The challenge/response method is still available as a way to authorize plug-ins just after purchase.
BW-LIMIT87, CS-STRIP87, PR-EQUA87, SD-COMP87:
- Improved “anti-distortion” limiter algorithm.
- New low/high cut filters with -12dB/octave and -24dB/octave options.
- New multi-color frequency response curve (global curve + one curve per freq section + one curve per “cut” filter.
- Improved stereo frequency analyzer.
- Two linkable thresholds in all modes (when linked, low threshold is automatically set to 2dB less than high threshold). Two thresholds are what you need to avoid “chattering” in most situations.
- A new “reference monitoring” switch lets you listen to what is currently triggering the gate.
- Improved “Duck” algorithm featuring two modes depending on the position of the thresholds “Link” switch.
- New “openness” meter.
- Includes new algorithms implemented in other plug-ins (“anti-chattering” gate, improved limiter algorithm, improved low/high cut filters, …).
The Analog87 Bundle is currently available for €69 instead of €99 until November 12th, 2011. An updated demo of the ANALOG87 Series is available at www.eareckon.com.