Emvoice has released Emvoice One, a vocal synthesizer instrument plug-in. The plugin itself is free to download and can access a limited range of notes until a full voice is purchased.
Emvoice One Features:
- Deeply sampled human vocal performances – no synthesis or physical modelling.
- DAW-style piano roll note editor – just type words for instant sung vocals.
- Cloud-based engine recombines thousands of samples as you work.
- Lucy's vocal range is two and a half octaves (E2 - A4).
- Program realistic glissando and vibrato patterns.
- Breath sounds are generated to work realistically around programmed notes.
- Choose from pronunciation options or create your own words from phonemes.
- Export/Import entire project files of lyrics.
- Runs as a VST/AU plugin directly in your DAW (AAX version coming soon).
How Emvoice One Works
Emvoice takes a different approach, breaking sung vocals down to the granular level, recording the elements that make up individual phonemes at multiple pitches. Thousands of samples are reconstructed by a cloud-based engine that returns the complete vocal to your system over the internet, at very high speeds. What you're hearing when you listen to Emvoice One is a real singer's voice, recombined to interpret your own words.
With Emvoice's three layers of operation – the plugin, the engine and the dictionary – programming notes and typing words is just the start. To go deeper, you can tweak pronunciations and add your own to the user dictionary, program complex and nuanced vibrato, and enter individual English-language phonemes to create your own words or sounds.
Price: $199 (plus VAT) at the Emvoice Website.
Please note: Emvoice One is a cloud-based plugin and requires an internet connection to install and to run.