Eventide's Instant Flanger Mk II plug-in — an authentic emulation of the original Instant Flanger hardware released in 1975, and available with added creative features and functionality, is available at an introductory promo price of $37.00 USD until April 30, 2019, in the KVR Marketplace, www.kvraudio.com/marketplace/instant-flanger-mk-ii-by-eventide, and at www.eventideaudio.com/instantflanger (MSRP is $129.00).
"For years and years I had set up two to three tape recorders to achieve real, genuine flanging and phasing. Instant Flanger Mk II is the first plug-in to achieve the same exact effect without harming tape recorders. 'Itchycoo Park' and 'I Am The Walrus' are now available to everybody." - Tony Visconti (GRAMMY Award-winning producer, musician, and arranger), 2019.
Today, Eventide's updated Instant Flanger Mk II plug-in is a more authentic recreation of the original Eventide Clockworks Instant Flanger in both appearance and — all-important — sound. Creative mixing and sound design for modern music production, video game, and motion picture scores can easily be achieved by any musician or engineer using Instant Flanger Mk II. As an easy-to-use, expressive plugin that offers new creative controls and features while retaining the magical sound and functionality of the original hardware, Instant Flanger Mk II is designed to deliver stunning results for any mix or desirable flanging track effect.
Creative controls and features:
- 3 distinct flanging flavors — set Mode for Shallow, Deep, or Wide.
- Manual control allows adjustment of the 'comb' effect by turning the big knob.
- Oscillator drives the flanging at a user-determined rate.
- Envelope Follower drives the flanging based on the source signal's amplitude.
- Remote maps the flanging control to a keyboard controller's mod wheel for tactile manipulation.
- Depth allows users to set the intensity of the effect — 100% adds the dry signal to the delayed signal, -100% adds the phase inverted dry signal to the delayed signal. Products Related to this item (21).
- Bounce creates the distinctive effect of the tape machine's capstan motor 'hunting' for its proper speed when the engineer removed their thumb from the tape reel flange.
- Side Chain allows for triggering the Envelope Follower from a separate source in the mix for inter-track mingling.
- Exercise total control of the Oscillator with Sync and Retrig controls.
- Tame the intensity by removing low frequencies from the flanged signal with the Low Cut knob.
Instant Flanger Mk II is free to registered owners of Eventide's Anthology X and Anthology XI software bundles.