Eventide has announced a limited time special on the new H910 Harmonizer plug-in, a faithful recreation of the original studio processor that can be heard on countless works by artists including John Lennon, U2, Frank Zappa, Led Zeppelin, Suzanne Vega, Tom Petty, Laurie Anderson, Jon Anderson, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, David Bowie, Van Halen and countless others. The list of famed producers, audio engineers and musicians that still use it to this day (either in hardware or plug-in form) is a veritable "who's who" of the recording industry. Now you can get the H910 plug-in's unique combination of pitch shifting, modulation and delay for only $99 until July 31, 2016 (MSRP $249).
The original H910's analog sound is unique owing to the fact that it pre-dates the availability of even simple microprocessors or analog-to-digital converters. The H910 plug-in was painstakingly modeled after every section of the analog signal chain to recreate the unique sonic characteristics of the original.
Spread guitars, fatten snares and apply subtle, organic de-tuning to synths. Add harmonies or slapback delays to vocals. Create mechanical sounds, drone effects or robot language using self-oscillation, delay and anti-feedback.
This is the first time the H910 plug-in is available unbundled and in every current native plug-in format (AAX/VST/AU). A number of enhancements have been added to this release including "KYBD" and "ENV" pitch control modes, "OUT2 Delay Group" and a mixer.
The H910-EKD (Envelope/Keyboard/Delay) incorporates all of the features from the original hardware rack box. These hardware-style controls allow the H910 plug-in to be even more responsive to your sound and music.
The recreation of the original piano-style keyboard remote control which was used live by several artists including Elton John, allows you to play musical pitch offsets and blend in a second delay line by using new mixer controls for added stereo sound.
The new envelope follower allows you to use the input signal to bend the pitch. It harkens back to when engineers and producers discovered that sending a control voltage to the box to slightly (or massively) vary the pitch created new sonic vistas. The new built-in envelope follower makes exploring these possibilities easy.
This exclusive version also contains the H910 Dual Harmonizer which recreates the popular technique of running two H910 units in parallel to create lush doubling and other interesting effects such as stereo-widening and cross-feedback.
- NEW Keyboard and MIDI mapping - With the H910 plug-in you can easily use MIDI to control pitch and harmonization in real-time.
- NEW Envelope Follower - Slightly (or massively) vary the pitch to create new sounds.
- NEW OUT2 Delay Group adds inspiring attributes to your sound.
- Over 100 Presets including artist presets by Joe Chiccarelli (U2, Elton John), Roy Hendrickson (Frank Sinatra, Miles Davis), Robin Finck (Nine Inch Nails), Chris Carter (Throbbing Gristle, Chris & Cosey), Sasha & Dave Gardner, and The Butcher Bros. (John Lennon, Bob Dylan).
- True analog modeling of highly nonlinear electronics for faithful reproduction of the H910's original juiciness and grit.
- Perform pitch changes. Control them manually, via MIDI or with Anti-Feedback.
- Anti-Feedback modulates the pitch around unity for a subtle or wild effect.
- Optional "glitching" from the original hardware helps you create unpredictable sounds as it alters pitch.
- Modify pitch by musical intervals to harmonize vocals or solo instruments.
- Delay rhythms and melodies to create everything from slapback echoes to feedback chaos.
- Create colorful, unique sound effects and drones through self-oscillation.
- Individually control delay outputs and dry/wet mix.
- Mix Lock allows for scrolling through presets or settings while keeping the dry/wet mix constant.
BONUS: Includes H910 Dual Plug-in for free:
- H910 Dual recreates two H910 units running in parallel to create doubling effects and other unique sounds.
- H910 Dual easily fattens and thickens instruments when assigning opposite pitch ratios.
- H910 Dual Stereo (cross-unit) Feedback can cause the incoming signal to shift up and then down continuously.
A fully functional 30-day demo is available. H910 is part of the Anthology X bundle and also available as part of the Eventide Ensemble subscription package. Customers who already own Anthology X or subscribe to Ensemble can update their versions at no cost. Visit eventideaudio.com more information.