Eventide has released Rotary Mod, a rotating speaker effect that simulates a Leslie cabinet, for macOS, Windows (and has also updated the iOS version that was released October 2019).
Just like the original sound derived from the Hammond organ's Leslie speaker cabinet, Rotary Mod produces a pulse-like vibrato effect depending on the speed of rotation. Rotary Mod offers precise control allowing you to dial in the exact amount of movement you need.
This classic, swirly effect has been used on countless hit records to transform the sound of guitars, bass, synths and even vocals. Notably used by The Beatles, Beach Boys, Cream, and Pink Floyd, this emulation aims to deliver the classic '60s whirling modulation bliss onto your tracks.
- Change the speed of the rotor and horn independently and adjust the mix of the two to produce pulsing effects and special vibratos.
- Add frequency modulation to the rotor and horn speed using secondary LFO with selectable modulation source.
- Choose cabinet size (Standard or Giant) to alter the sweetness of your tone.
- Craft the exact sound you need with included HiCut control.
- Use Tap Tempo to sync effect to the BPM of your song.
- Incredibly easy to use with included presets.
- Innovative Ribbon control allows for changing any combination of parameters simultaneously.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.