Spring models the sound and character of the popular artificial reverbs found in guitar amplifiers. It also goes a step further by allowing access to physical parameter controls not readily available in a real spring tank.
By tweaking these parameters, Spring can create faithful representations of real springs or push the physical boundaries to achieve new distinctive sounds. The Tension [TNSION] and Num Springs [NUMSPR] knobs work in concert to control the amount of "springiness" in the processed sound. Additional adjustable parameters include Resonance and Low and High damping.
The beloved performance controls made popular in Eventide's Blackhole, UltraTap and MangledVerb plugins are also available – Ribbon allowing users to program two settings for any combination of the controls and seamlessly transition between them while the programmable HotSwitch an instantaneous jump to an alternate setting at the push of a button.
Spring also includes Tremolo – a tube amp style tremolo – to further nuance or exaggerate guitar tone with fun and intuitive controls. Tremolo can be inserted pre- or post-reverb for an even wider range of tonal options and sound exploration.
- Artist presets by Matt Lange, Nick Hook, and Nu-Trix.
- Tempo Sync reverb decay to your DAW.
- Craft original sounds by changing the number of springs and damping frequency.
- Alter overall resonance by selecting the size of the spring tank.
- Tube-amp-style tremolo that can be routed pre- or post-reverb.
- Create chorus-like effects by altering Modulation Level.
- The Ribbon controller allows for dynamic modification of several knobs at once to easily morph between settings.
- Programmable Hotswitch provides ability to jump instantly to an alternate sound at the push of a button.
- iOS version works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 effect, or Inter-App Audio effect.
- Mac/Windows plug-in version works as VST, AU, AAX.
Eventide will be demoing Spring at their booth throughout The 2020 NAMM Show.
Intro Price: $29 (Reg. $99).