Expert Sleepers has released version 1.4.0 of Silent Way, which sees a new plug-in added to the collection. Some new audio and video demos are also available.
Silent Way Trigger is a simple plug-in for generating a gate or envelope in response to an incoming MIDI note. A typical application would be for triggering drum sounds, where you might have a number of different sounds mapped to different notes.
Changes and additions in Silent Way v1.4:
- Added Silent Way Trigger plug-in.
- Added smoothing option on all outputs of all plug-ins.
- Added 'swing' feature to Silent Way LFO.
- Added portamento feature to the Voice Controller.
- Fixed a bug that would very occasionally cause the GUIs to be corrupted.
Silent Way is a suite of plug-ins designed for use as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system. The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they process sound - rather, they generate signals to be used as control voltages (CVs), which can be patched into the control inputs of oscillators, filters, VCAs etc. of an analogue system. There are currently four plug-ins in the Silent Way suite - Silent Way DC, Silent Way LFO, Silent Way Trigger and Silent Way Voice Controller.