Fanan team has released Bonnie, a free drum slots sampler for windows. They say:
Bonnie is Zoe's little sister, a slot driven drum sampler with fast drum-kit loading and fast one stage control, fitted for live usage, with better control, both MP3 and WAV. format support, fast workflow and only 0.5 sec. loading times for new core kit.
It uses 10 (.wav, mp3) file sample slots to build 10 drum components drum-kits. According to this approach, every slot can be anything, from kicks to snares or cymbals or you name it.
Each slot is triggered by its own unique MIDI note which is noted on its slot button. The samples menu is divided into 14 categories, including a wide range of drum-kit components types. It comes with 30 full drum-kits that fitted for sketching or producing most common classic genres drum tracks like disco, R&B, soul, hip hop, rock, pop, reggae and many more with carefully crafted samples that sit great in the mix and a reasonable "built-in dll. file" drum library size that won't choke your hard drive.
Every slot in Bonnie has a full mixer page. It provides most of the traditional features per drum element that a producer might need and some exclusive features that you will not find everywhere.
Bonnie is also armed with 3 master effects (compressor, reverb, delay) with a unique effect called "F.R" which allows full scale frequency control over the wet signal. You can use the effect by sending a fx amount from the "master fx" slider on every channel.
Bonnie is armed with a morphing system which can blend any 2 drum elements together (which can create tons of new fresh drum sounds). The morph system can also play with the blended element's pitch and increase the invention of new drum sounds like never before.
Each channel in Bonnie is armed with dedicated modulation effects which allow adding beautiful nuances and textures to each drum element separately. There is a yowling phaser effect, a delay and the new Zelda filter which can completely change the audio materials native character and morph it into a new interesting sound.
- 10 drum sample slots per kit.
- 14 drum element banks with full 30 drum-kits that adjusted to wide range of genres.
- Morphing system for blending any 2 drum elements together.
- Automation file manager.
- 4 additional WAV. pages in the element menu for user's WAV. files.
- Magnitude control section.
- MIDI assignable start\end points manager.
- Master effects.
- Graphical drum pads.
- Full virtual mixer with gain knobs, master effect send knobs, pitch knobs, random pitch manager knobs, round robin and pan knobs, master compressor, delay and reverb effects armed with a unique F.R. feature.
- Drift effect.
- Scalable and customizable GUI.
- Dedicated modulation effects including phaser, delay and Zelda filter.