FeelYourSound has updated their electronic song-writing software Sundog Scale Studio to version 2.5.0.
The new version adds many new features to create chord progressions, melodies, basslines, and arpeggios. Sundog works standalone and connects to any DAW via MIDI.
- More than 500 chord progressions included.
- New Chords menu entry: Search chord progressions. Shortcut: Ctrl+F (Mac: Cmd+F) in Chords View.
- New Chords menu entry: Load and save chord progressions.
- Live preview in Chords view. Turn on "Settings-> Chords View: Realtime preview".
- Change chords in Chords View while playing. You can activate the old behaviour with "Settings-> Chords View: Follow playback".
- Chords View: Use the "-1 octave" switch to play chords one octave below the active octave (other options: right click on a chords button; press 'o' on your keyboard; play on the MIDI keyboard).
- New shortcuts in Chords View: Insert (insert progression slot); Ctrl+Delete (delete progression slot). On Mac: Ctrl+Return (insert); Ctrl+Backspace (delete).
- New Chords menu entry: Loop chord progression to different length.
- New Chords menu entry: Stretch chord progression to different length.
- Timestamps in Windows log file.
- Bugfix: Prevent crashes on the chords page when the base note is very high or low.
- Bugfix: Paste chord progression with different length.
- MIDI keyboard input in Chords View: If Chord Mods are active, C# and D# will activate the left or right chord mod respectively.
- Tooltips. Deactivate in "Settings -> Show tooltips".
- New shortcut: Switch between Main View and Chords View with Tab.
Price: $49 / €44. The update is free for all customers.
A new video demonstrates the features in action: