Findasound has released Petra Strings Phrases for Kontakt. The library is a set of 17 oriental strings sessions recorded by various artists with various keys and tempos.
The library includes four tracks for each session: two cellos/violas and two violins tracks. The number of instruments on each track varies depending on the session itself and how it was recorded.
Release samples track is also provided and can be turned on/off, user can control level, pan, and EQ of each track separately.
Reverb effect with real rooms IR samples is added and can be toggled on/off for all sessions where users can control it's size, mix, and delay.
Sessions can be selected from a drop down menu where only selected session's samples are loaded into RAM to reduce RAM usage and keyboard keys color will indicate used keys for each session.
Recordings are in different "maqams" - scales, keys, and tempos that are included in each session's name.
A list of included sessions:
- "Ascend C A# C# E FG - 125 BPM - 35 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Life D / G - 105 BPM - 35 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Sad D / G - 130 BPM - 40 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "My Heart F - 140 BPM - 31 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Forgot Me Ab - 84 BPM - 36 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Habibi F / A# - 100 BPM - 40 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Lezam I G - 140 BPM - 60 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Lezam II G - 140 BPM - 41 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Slow G - 86 BPM - 19 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Why B - 88 BPM - 34 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Hear U D - 82 BPM - 25 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Day Db - 80 BPM - 34 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Generous C / G - 82 BPM - 32 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Huzam A / C# - 70 BPM - 39 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Love D / A - 76 BPM - 39 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Noor D - 83 BPM - 24 Phrases x 4 tracks".
- "Punish A - 78 BPM - 44 Phrases x 4 tracks".
The legato - X-fade between phrases function allows users to control the speed of x-fade as well as sample start offset for both the first and the target phrase. Playing around with sample start offset will enable users to create new content and new phrases. Sample start of the first phrase is indicated with green sample start pointer while second or target phrase start is indicated by yellow pointer. This function can be turned off as well. Time sync mode will enable users to sync phrases to their host project tempo or manually by stretching phrases to their desired tempo, enabling sync mode will allow changing pitch of the whole session:
- Free - sync mode is off " will play original session pitch and tempo".
- Host - sync mode set to host " will sync to host tempo allowing pitch change".
- TM - sync mode set to TM " will allow manual tempo edit and stretch of phrases and changing pitch using time machine".
Total level of all sessions can be controlled through Expression knob. Attack of all sessions can be controlled through Attack knob.
- Legato, X - fade between phrases.
- Expression and attack controls of all sessions.
- fully automated interface.
- 17 sessions.
- Reverb with real rooms IR samples.
- 3 sync modes.
- Level, pan, and EQ of each track separately.
- 4 tracks for each session.
- release samples track.
- Ram loading optimized.
- 44 100 Hz, 24-bit stereo samples.
- 2,197 ncw Kontakt samples / 1.22 GB.
Price: $99. Full Kontakt 5.4.1 or later is needed to run the library.