The Log Drum, also called Slit Drum, is an idiophone usually carved in wood or constructed in a resonant wooden box. On the surface there are some wooden tongues that can be struck to play a simple melody.
The sampled instrument is a vintage version of the most common log drum in commerce. It was used for years before FluffyAudio got their hands on it. Some tongues were not perfectly in tune, and there was a small crack on a tongue that made the instrument "sizzle" on strong beats.
- 55 MB NCW compressed sample pool.
- 258 samples.
- 2 different playing "beaters": mallet and fingers.
- 4 velocity layers layers for fingers.
- 7 velocity layers for mallets.
- 3x Round Robin.
- Equalizer, Reverb with custom IRs.
- Full velocity control.
- Low memory usage, Laptop ready.