Fragment has updated Fragment synthesizer to v2.0.2.
Fragment is a free real-time collaborative cross-platform audiovisual live coding environment with pixels based image-synth approach to sound synthesis, it can be thought of as an oscillator-bank and filter-bank synthesizer driven by bitmap data. The update bring major additions and overall improvement.
New in Fragment 2.0.0:
- ASIO / JACK support.
- New instruments: spectral, physical modelling, wavetable, bandpass, modal, formant, string synthesis, modulation...
- Improved instruments: subtractive, granular, phase modulation.
- Virtual channels with over 30 stereo effects included.
- Per partial effect slot for additive synthesis (bitcrush, noise).
- Per voice filtering for subtractive synthesis with one multi mode filter.
- Faust support to create custom instruments and effects by writing .dsp files.
- Desktop capture, Microphone capture and Processing.js support.
- Audio server: Improved stability and overall audio quality.
- MIDI Out support.
- Higher frequency / time resolution of imported audio.
- Workspace pane with examples and local user library.
- Fragment File Server allow easy management of audio server files (upload, deletion, download).
- Many fixes, accessibility improvement and new features.