Following the release of Smidy v2.0 several weeks ago, Frank Rittberger has now released the free-of-charge variants: Smidy free! v2.0 and Smidy free! PlugIn v2.0.
Main differences to previous version:
- Smidy free! plugIn: VST performance peaks during first sample accesses fixed.
- Smidy free! PlugIn: Drums on MIDI channel 10: Closed HH and Pedal HH are now stopping Open HH.
- Smidy free! plugIn: Accordion samples added.
- Smidy free! plugIn: Piano samples re-recorded (recording session Cologne 4/1/2016).
- Piano roll: Drum-names on keyboard keys.
- Device cablings: Treble, bass and pan knobs added.
- Master level display added to toolbar including overload (clipping) indicator.
- Device panels: Overload (clipping) indicator added.
- PlugIn and WaveOn engine buffersize can now be set project specific.
- Greatly improved performance of piano roll scrolling during playback.
- Demo-files: demo projects haven't been copied in previous builds for many users due to forbidden destination folder. Fixed. (New folder is now user/.../documents/SmidyProjects).
- Demo-files: demo project "Sylt" added. Demonstrating Wave On events.
- Synced to MIDI audio record: several bug-fixes.