Frank Rittberger has released version 2.5 of his MIDI sequencer Smidy (full version and its small brother "Smidy free!").
- Smidy free!: Virtual MIDI keyboard, MIDI monitor and INTEGRA-7 support activated/released in Smidy free.
- Wave files with WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT now supported (reading and creating, 32 and 64-bit).
- Beside English now also featuring German text anywhere inside Smidy.
- German translation also concerns musical key names.
- Wave editor: Changes to WaveOn-files are now considered immediately in main sequence playback (no saving needed).
- Chunk structure of wave files can be decoded and viewed byte accurate.
- Smidy full version: Downmix also possible with new WAVE_FORMAT_IEEE_FLOAT.
- Smidy free!'s limitation to 2 VST 3 plugIns has been changed to a limitation to 2 track output devices.
- Trial concept by separate "Smidy trial version" for now discontinued. Therefor added several features to "Smidy free!".
- Different bug fixes for WaveOn-Events.
- Multiple file selection/file opening possible when calling "open wave file".
- Wave editor graphics enhanced. Copybuffer (ghost) now shown as green transparent surface. Wave shown with gradient color.
- Wave editor volume change can now be limited to only left or right channel.
- Metronome sound when recording MIDI: is now played by MIDI, not by audio samples.
- The wave files of all WaveOn events in a project can be opened with a single new menu command.