G-Sonique has released Vintage Psychedelic Tape Delay: VTD-42, a combination of analog tape delay, spring reverb, vacuum tube preamp and psychedelic FX circuit. It's available for 32- and 64-bit Windows as a VST effect plug-in.
Here's what they say: "Move with us to beautiful age of 60s. Full of hippie vibes and rainbow hypnotic & psychedelic smoke in the air. No digital technology, just pure analog sounds. VTD-42 represent sound of this age. Only one possible way how to create delay in that time was to use special tape machine delays – hardware with 3 and more tape recorders, constantly recording and repeating recorded sound, creating magic delay effect with all artifacts, ripples, flutter & tape wow effects, detuning effects, noise and crackles. All this created magic psychedelic atmosphere. Only one way how to recreate reverb effect was with spring reverbs, special springs in metal boxes. Vintage psychedelic delay VTD-42 is mostly tape delay emulation but we added also bit of spring reverb effect and vacuum tube pream input stage to add some 60s dirt. Of course we are in new 21st psychedelic century, so we added something more, sound can be cleaner with low input, modern, + there is much more then just vintage tape emulation, you can find here many interesting features like upper tone and undertone special octaving effect to create psychedelic spirit"
- Psychedelic engine with tape delay and spring reverb emulation and hypnotic sound.
- BPM synchronized tape delay emulation (with selectable delay steps - number of analog tapes 1 to 9pcs).
- Dub rhythm, special function for creating time and rhythmical distortion of tempo/delay.
- Tape speed / wow & flutter knobs.
- Dry/Wet knob, output volume knob, output VU meter.
- Input volume knob to add drive and dirt into vacuum tube preamp stage.
- Undertone, normal and Uppertone octaver to create next level psychedelic sounds.
Intro price: 16.90 € (first 100 customers); Standard price: 26.90 €.